Deep in the countryside, you will find Hampton Manor, an amazing venue in the West Midlands. Wedding Photographers love venues such as this for its grandeur, character and beauty. I feel very lucky to have been invited to Hayley & Nick’s wedding and have the opportunity to work with Hampton Manor as a backdrop. Congratulations Hayley & Nick! 🙂
1) Please tell me how you first met? The what, when, where’s and how’s? Nick came to my brother’s cricket club to play just after he’d finished college after being badgered by my Dad to join. 2005.
2) When was it you knew they were the one? Was is something in particular they did?, Did they grind you down? (joke) etc. etc. After going through years of living separately for months at a time (Nick in Cardiff/Australia, me in Solihull), you slowly come to realise that you wouldn’t go through all the loneliness and heart ache if you didn’t want to be with that person forever.
3) Could you give us the story of the proposal? Please leave out no details… (Was it a surprise?, Was it elaborate?, How did it make you feel?) The proposal was supposed to be a surprise but my Dad (naively for once) , let the cat out of the bag. Nick and I had booked to stay in a country cottage for Valentine’s Day instead of buying presents. My Dad had called me a couple of weeks before and asked why Nick wanted to go round and see him (come on seriously Dad!!!). So I had told a couple of my friends and was getting rather excited. I even booked a private chef to come cook for us on the Friday night. Alas after no proposal on the Friday I thought I’d got it completely wrong, if he was going to do it surely he’d have done it after champagne and a romantic meal in the privacy of our own cottage. Next day we pootled about around the local village then came back to the cottage to catch up on the football results. Nick decided to get changed in to his pjs and we started a game of Scrabble and decided that we would have a takeaway curry for tea. After thrashing me at Scrabble (he must have cheated) and dishing out my curry, Nick went a bit sheepish and turned some music on from his iPad, a hard core rock song churned out and Nick jumped up to try and find something more fitting. He put on K-Ci & JoJo all my life then swivelled down onto one knee, pyjamas and all. I of course said yes.
Turns out my Dad had made Nick promise he would do it on the Saturday, so even after all the romance, there was no way I was getting a Friday proposal.
4) Please share what you most love about each other? We can literally sit together for hours not saying a word and feel like we’ve had the best conversation ever. We can always make each other smile.
5) If you don’t mind sharing, can you tell me something quirky, funny or silly about your partner? Little habits, something they do… Nick makes noises when he eats; not chewing noises but he almost subconsciously goes ‘mmmmmmm’ whilst he’s chewing… what a weirdo!
6) Apart from the obvious, what are you most looked forward to the most on your wedding day? I was looking forward to it all coming together. It had been months of organising things individually and I was nervous to see if it all flowed.
7) What was it that inspired you to go for the theme or the decor you chose for your wedding? I wanted bright colours but not an ‘in your face’ theme. We felt that we could go woodland with the additional of some brightly coloured flowers to make it more interesting.
8) Please tell me one thing you wish you had known at the beginning of your wedding planning process? How early you need to do things!!! Seriously you are never too early to call a supplier about availability. My cake maker only had 1 slot out of 3 available for our wedding weekend even though we booked him over a year in advance.
Photography | Duncan Cox Photography
Ceremony Location | THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST. MARY AND ST. BARTHOLOMEW, Hampton-in-Arden
Reception Location | Hampton Manor, Hampton-in-Arden, West Midlands
Video | The Big Day Productions
Florist | Urban Design
Wedding DJ | Mitch Matthews
Dress Designer | Augusta Jones
Wedding Dress Retailer | Ivory Tower
Other Details/Vendors | Megabooth, The Look, John Adams, Ben the Cake Man, David Aichison Menswear, Astons Cars, Angels Creations, Notonthehighstreet
Enjoy photography provided by Duncan Cox Photography.
Duncan Cox Photography is anything but your run of the mill Worcestershire wedding photographer. Every wedding is given the utmost care, attention, creativity and style which you will struggle to find elsewhere in the county of Worcestershire and surrounding areas.
Duncan Cox Photography offers Worcestershire wedding photography coverage in the Worcestershire area, but will travel out to Warwickshire, West Midlands, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Herefordshire and indeed the entire UK and beyond. Call for more information.
We are located conveniently in Pershore in Worcestershire and would happily take your call on 07774341610. If you prefer to email, it’s: email@example.com