As any Worcestershire wedding photographer would be, I was over the moon with the crisp blue skies blues we were lucky enough to have for Sophie & Mark’s wedding at Warwick House in Warwickshire. The whole day through, their wedding was electrically charged and full of atmosphere. Everything about this day was extremely fun, enjoyable and very different. The guests were all very welcoming and hugely friendly, which made my time with them a real pleasure. Let’s just say, I left with a smile on my face… Congratulations Sophie & Mark! 🙂
Their Love Story
1) Please tell me how you first met? The what, when, where’s and how’s?
Met in a nightclub in Leamington called “Smack”. I’d gone there to meet another girl! Soph saw me and asked if I was gay and then spilled Vodka Red Bull down me!
2) When was it you knew they were the one? Was is something in particular they did?, Did they grind you down? (joke) etc. etc.
That night I walked Soph home and knew she was pretty special and we had a lot in common. Probably would say I knew she was the one then.
3) Could you give us the story of the proposal? Please leave out no details… (Was it a surprise?, Was it elaborate?, How did it make you feel?)
I told Soph that I was taking her away for a few days for her birthday. All i told her was that the weather would be “the same as here” and that she didn’t need to worry about what to pack (weight wise) as it wouldn’t be an issue. When we checked in at Heathrow T5, I had to say when I was asked by the lady checking us in where we were going. It was New York. On the 9th October we went up the Empire State Building twice. Once in the morning and again just before midnight. Soph had no idea I was planing to propose at midnight. She first replied with “Really?!”. Then she said “Definitely!”.
4) Please share what you most love about each other?
I love how caring Soph is. She is always putting everyone else first and thinking about everyone else’s feelings before her own.
5) If you don’t mind sharing, can you tell me something quirky, funny or silly about your partner? Little habits, something they do…
really cannot think of anything right now!
6) What is your perfect day together? (apart from the wedding day)
A sunny powder day snowboarding in a snow park
7) Apart from the obvious, what are you most looking forward to on your wedding day?
Having a good party with all our friends and family together
8) There are so many different wedding styles you can choose from. What is your favourite wedding trend at the moment?
I have no idea about wedding trends or different styles. We just wanted something that would represent us that was fairly relaxed and informal and have a good party.
9) What was it that inspired you to go for the theme or the decor you chose for your wedding?
It was all down to Soph! I had a small influence – the 3D scan 3D printed cake topper and the snowboard related stuff!
10) Please tell me one thing you wish you had known at the beginning of your wedding planning process?
That 3 months to plan a wedding is a challenge when you haven’t done it before!
Enjoy photography provided by Duncan Cox Photography.
Duncan Cox Photography is anything but your run of the mill Worcestershire wedding photographer. Every wedding is given the utmost care, attention, creativity and style which you will struggle to find elsewhere in the county of Worcestershire and surrounding areas.
Duncan Cox Photography offers Worcestershire wedding photography coverage in the Worcestershire area, but will travel out to Warwickshire, West Midlands, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Herefordshire and indeed the entire UK and beyond. Call for more information.
We are located conveniently in Pershore in Worcestershire and would happily take your call on 07774341610. If you prefer to email, it’s: firstname.lastname@example.org